MODESTO- The police department has released the harrowing video officer body camera footage that involved an officer and assailant being shot during a search warrant raid on August 14, 2021. Viewer discretion is advised.
Per Modesto PD:
“September 3, 2021 – Critical Incident Video Release of August 14, 2021 Officer Involved Shooting.
Six people were arrested as a result of this investigation.
• The shooting suspect, 42-year-old Jesse James Brooks of Modesto, was shot by officers during this incident. He was treated at a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries before being booked into jail. Brooks was charged with three counts of attempted murder on a peace officer, multiple weapon violations, and for an outstanding U.S. Marshall Warrant for Probation Violation.
• The Initial suspect from the pursuit, 34-year-old Joshua Harrington of Modesto, was arrested for evading, possession of a controlled substance for sale, and charged with being an ex-felon in possession of a firearm.
• The male detained at the front door along with Harrington was 40-year-old Ryan Bailey of Modesto. He was arrested and charged with being an ex-felon with a firearm.
The three occupants of the residence that exited after PA announcements and prior to officers entering the house were also arrested.
• Twenty-seven-year-old Katie Bible of Modesto, was charged with accessory and violation of felony probation. She also had numerous warrants out of El Dorado.
• Forty-four-year-old Rolland Christian of Atwater was charged with obstruction. Additionally, he had warrants out of San Joaquin County for burglary and vandalism.
• Twenty-nine-year-old Harley Pryschuk of Modesto was charged with attempted murder, accessory and possession of drug paraphernalia”.