STOCKTON- School officials have released the following statement to parents:
“SUSD Parents and Guardians,
The safety of our students is the number one priority. As always, we want to keep you informed of important issues in our school community. This morning at about 7:00 am a student from Edison High School was walking to school when she was approached on San Joaquin St and Anderson St by a Hispanic adult male. The man approached her and attempted to pull her towards his vehicle. She was able to get away and make it safely to school to report the incident. The assailant appeared to be in his late 20s or early 30s, was wearing blue jeans, a dark blue shirt, a black hat, and boots. He was driving a red or brown sedan.
This is an ongoing, active investigation. Anyone with any information is asked to please call Stockton Unified School District Police Department, Detective Curtis Jue at (209) 933-7085 extension 2472.
This incident serves as a reminder for students to practice safety measures while going to and from school. The following will help you discuss safety with your child.
• Walk in groups or pairs to and from school.
• Never accept rides from strangers.
• If approached by a stranger, keep a safe distance and think of a direction to run if needed.
• Run to a safe place, i.e. school, church, store, etc.
• Shout and yell as loud as you can.
• Never give out your name or address to people you do not know. This is especially true on the internet.
• Always let your families know where you are; take the same route to and from school each day”.
Our kids and our community should not have to worry about this. Its such bullshit. Elisa